(1) Install elbows and hose fittings in filter
(2) Lift indicator far enough to gain access
to hoses. Disconnect hoses from indicator. Plug hoses
(2) Install filter assembly on bracket and
to prevent entrance of foreign material.
secure to bracket with screws (fig. 4-47) and lock
(3) Remove hose fitting, two elbows, and
pipe nipple from indicator.
(3) Remove plugs from hoses. Connect two
small hoses to elbow and fitting in filter head.
(1) Install pipe nipple, two elbows and hose
(4) Connect hoses to elbows and secure
fitting in rear of indicator.
hoses with clamps.
(2) Remove plugs from hoses and connect
(5) Operate truck hydraulic system and
hoses to fittings.
check filter and hoses for leaks.
(3) Install filter element indicator (fig. 4-48)
(6) Check hydraulic oil in reservoir and add
on bracket and secure with two screws, lock washers
oil if necessary to bring to full mark on gage.
4-63. Hydraulic Reservoir
a. Inspect hydraulic reservoir (fig. 4-46) for leaks
4-62. Hydraulic Filter Element Indicator
b. Check pipe and hose fittings in reservoir for
(1) Remove two mounting screws, lock
evidence of leakage and damage.
washers and nuts and lift filter element indicator (fig. 4-
4-64. Lift Forks
48) from bracket.
a. Inspection. Inspect forks and fork locks (fig. 4-
49) for wear, damage and proper operation. Replace if
b. Removal. Refer to figure 4-1 to remove forks.
Remove cotter pin (1, fig. 4-49) and remove washers (2)
and pin (3). Remove latch (4) and spring (5). Remove
locking pin (6) from fork (7).
Figure 4-48. Hydraulic filter element indicator.