indicating line is in line with any portion of the green band
replacing the filter element cartridge.
on the indicator, the filter element is filtering properly.
(1) Remove sheet metal cover to gain
When the white indicating line is in line with any portion
access to the filter.
of the yellow band the element is becoming
(2) Place a suitable container below the
contaminated but is still providing sufficient filtration. The
filter to catch oil as cartridge is removed.
white line in any portion of the red band requires
(3) Unscrew cartridge (fig. 4-47) from filter
replacement of the element cartridge.
head. Discard cartridge.
b. Service. Service of the filter consists of
Figure 4-47. Hydraulic filter, installed view.
Clean interior of head and dry
inlet and outlet hoses from elbows in filter. Plug hoses to
thoroughly. Be sure no lint or foreign material is in head.
prevent entrance of foreign material.
(5) Install cartridge in filter head and tighten
(3) Slide indicator hose from fitting on filter.
Disconnect other hose from elbow. Plug hose to prevent
(6) Operate truck hydraulic system and
entrance of foreign material.
check filter for leaks. Check oil level in reservoir and add
(4) Remove two screws (fig. 4-47) and lock
oil if necessary to bring to full mark on gage.
washers securing filter to bracket. Remove filter.
c. Removal. Refer to figure 4-47 and remove the
(5) Remove elbows and hose fittings from
hydraulic filter as follows:
d. Installation. Refer to b above to service filter
(1) Place a suitable container below filter to
and replace element if necessary.
(2) Loosen hose clamps and disconnect