Inspect shaft for burrs, wear and
(5) Use a new packing (7) and install elbow
damage. Remove burrs with crocus cloth. Replace
(6) in shaft.
damaged or worn shaft.
(6) Rotate shaft. Shaft should rotate freely
(3) Inspect bore of housing for burrs, wear
with a slight drag.
and damage. Remove burrs with crocus cloth. Replace
worn or damaged housing.
(1) Install swivel block (2) on bracket (14)
(4) Replace washer, felt seals, backup rings
attached to carriage, with elbow and end of shaft
and packing contained in parts kit.
extending down through bracket.
(2) Install nuts (4) and fittings (5) in swivel
(1) Install retaining ring (8) in groove in
block to secure block to bracket.
shaft. Install new washer (9) and felt seal (10) against
(3) Connect side shift hoses (1) to top of
swivel block. Connect side shift cylinder hoses (3) to
Install new teflon rings (11) and
packings (12) in grooves in shaft. Carefully install shaft
4-59. Hydraulic Reservoir Breather
in swivel block (2). Do not damage packings and teflon
(1) Remove floor and toe plates to gain
(4) Install new felt washer (10) and washer
access to hydraulic reservoir.
(9) on shaft and secure with retaining ring (8).
Change 2 4-52