(4) Assemble cup, cover (21), drum (20)
and swivel (19). End of shaft must enter shaft extension.
Install setscrew (11) to secure shaft to extension.
(5) Secure reel parts together with nuts (18).
(1) Disconnect side shift hoses (1) from top
Install new packings (10) in block (9) and secure lock to
of swivel block (2) (see figure 4-45.1).
end of shaft with screws (7) and lock washers (8).
(2) Disconnect side shift cylinder hoses (3)
from beneath block.
(1) Install hose reel (2) on mounting block
(3) Remove nuts (4) and remove fittings (5)
(6) on mast and secure hose reel to mounting block with
from swivel block. Remove block from bracket.
two long screws (4) and lock washers (5).
(2) Remove plugs from hoses (1) and reel
(1) Remove elbow (6) and packing (7).
and connect hoses to hose reel.
Reel hoses onto reel to position
Figure 4-45.1. Swivel block, exploded view.
(2) Remove outer retaining ring (8), washer
(9) and felt seal (10). Slide shaft from housing.
Cleaning compound, solvent (Fed.
(3) Remove teflon rings (11) and packing
Spec. P-D-680), used for cleaning, is
(12) from shaft. Discard rings and packing. Remove
potentially dangerous to personnel and
retaining ring (8), washer (9) and felt seal (10) from shaft
property. Do not use near open flame.
Flash point of solvent is 100°F to 138°F
c. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(38°C to 590C).
Clean all metal parts in cleaning
compound, solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680) and dry
Change 2 4-51.1