f. Inspection. Refer to b. above to inspect and
wheel bearing (7), tapered side in, in wheel.
clean wheel assembly Repack wheel bearings with
(3) Refer to c. above to adjust wheel
hearings, Rotate wheels by hand. Torque wheel nuts (5)
g. Rear Wheel Installation. Refer to figure 4-25
to 50 foot-pounds, rotating wheel six times in each
and install rear wheel as follows:
direction. Back off nut and retorque nut to 25 foot-
(1) Install rear wheel bearing (9) on spindle,
pounds. Install cotter pin (4).
tapered side out. and install wheel assembly (8) over
(4) Install hub cap (3) and secure with three
screws (1) and lock washers (2).
(2) Hold wheel in place and install outer
(5) Lower jack and remove jack from truck.
Section XI. STEERING SYSTEM
steering column, power steering unit, steering cylinder,
drag link and tie rods.
a. The steering system(fig. 4-26) is hydraulically
operated. Main components are the steering wheel,