Figure 6-30. Engine Removal Check Points (Sheet 2 of 2)
nut and washer and pull off crankshaft pulley. Remove
timing gear cover screws, and remove cover with
crankshaft oil seal, and cover gasket.
e. Engine external parts, cleaning.
(1) Open petcock at bottom of radiator and
drain coolant. If coolant is clean, save it for reuse after
(1) Nonelectrical parts.
Except as noted
below, clean all nonelectrical parts with SD, and brush or
(2) Remove bypass tube, hose clamps and
upper hose, and thermostat housing and gasket.
Disassemble and clean interior with SD.
(3) Remove lead to temperature transmitter,
thoroughly clean and reassemble.
and remove transmitter. Remove spark plugs, and plug
cables from cylinder head.
(3) Electrical parts. Wipe exterior clean with
cloth wetted with SD. Do not submerge in cleaning fluid,
(4) Remove all head bolts, washers and
nor wet interior.
capscrews. Lift off cylinder head. Tap head softly with a
soft hammer if