d. Cleaning, inspection, and repair.
disassembly. All repairs to the valve beyond thread
repairs consist of installation or new parts to replace
(1) Clean all parts in SD, and wipe thoroughly
with a dry, lint-free cloth, or -dry, warm air. Blow valve
passages dry of SD.
(4) Inspect control valve assembly inlet and
,bodies for cracks and damage. Inspect all
(2) Inspect all steel parts for rust spots or
threaded surfaces for damage and crossed threads.
corrosion, scratches and wear. Check threads for
damage and repair those which show only moderate
(5) Inspect handles and control linkage for wear,
damage, with a tap or die.
distortion, and damage. Repair or replace parts as
(3) Discard all nonmetal items removed during
Figure 6-18. Lift and Tilt Control Valve Removal