(2) Remove drum retaining nut and pull off drum.
(3) Loosen brake shoe stop screw nut, and back off
screw adjustment fully.
(4) Remove retaining rings and pins, and remove
(1) Disassemble front axle (paragraph 6-14) to the
extent required to gain access to the wheel brake (Figure
c. Repair, Attach new lining to shoes in accordance with
good automotive practice.
(2) Remove brakeshoe return spring and retainer
spring, using special brake service tools designed for
d. Installation. Reverse b. above, and adjust brakes as
this, if available.
in a. above.
Figure 6-9. Wheel Brake Assembly, Exploded View