(1) Remove jackshaft (para 3-44).
according to number and size so they may be
(2) Remove brake shoe assemblies (TM 10-
reassembled in the same order.
393(0-620-1 2 ).
(1) Remove screws securing differential
(3) Remove screws securing backing plate
carrier to drive motor.
121, fig. 3-80.
(2) Remove carrier from drive motor.
(4) Remove backing plate from housing.
(3) Remove, identify, and tag shims according
(5) Remove cotter pin, locknut (14), and
to number and size.
washer (15) from spindle (16).
(4) Remove all lockwires from screws
(6) Install spindle puller and remove spindle.
securing case halves and caps.
c. Disassembly of Differential Carrier. (fig. 3-
Mark caps and carrier
housing to insure proper reassembly.
Caution: Use extreme care when removing
carrier from drive motor to prevent damage to
shims. Identify and tag shims during removal
Figure 3-80. Drive axle housing and shafts. exploded view.