Figure 3-77. Differential carrier dimensions.
(17) Remove inner oil seal from drive unit
a. Removal, Cleaning, and Inspection.
(18) Clean and inspect all parts.
(1) battery and discharge capacitors (para 2-
Whenever jackshaft is
(2) Install wheel chocks forward and aft or
removed. oil seals shall be shall be
rear wheels to prevent lift truck from moving.
(3) Using a suitable lifting device, raise front
(19) Replace oil seals and damaged or worn
end of lift truck above the ground, as required.
(4) Install blocking and remove lifting device.
(5) Remove drive wheel assembly (TM 10-
(6) Remove screws securing dust shield.
(7) Remove dust shield.
(8) Remove screws securing axle shaft cap.
(9) Remove axle shaft cap.
(10) Install puller in threaded hole in end of
jackshaft. (fig. 3-78.)
(11) Carefully remove jackshaft and bearing
assembly as a unit.
(12) Straighten prongs of lock washer.
(13) Remove lock nut, lock washer, and
(14) Place jackshaft assembly in suitable
Caution: Use care to prevent
Figure 3-78. Jackshaft removal.
damaging axle shaft cap.
Wheel bearings and jackshaft
(15) Remote bearings and bearing cap.
bearings shall not be lubricated with grease containing
(16) Slide retainer cap off jackshaft
molybdenum-disulfide which is also known