(7) Carefully remove armature assembly,
(10) Remove end cover and rocker arm
complete with bearings, from stator. (fig. 3-34.)
Disassemble rocker arm
assembly as far as necessary to remove worn or dam
Figure 3-36. End cover and rocker arm assembly.
Caution: Use care when removing field
winding 136, fig.
3-33) to prevent damage to
Note. Do not remove field winding unless
coils are to be replaced.
(11) Remove pole retaining screws and
remove field coils. Note and record the quantity of shims
Figure 3-34. Armature removal.
found behind each pole shoe. (fig. 3-37.)
Caution: Use extreme care when using
a gear puller as center of shaft may be damaged.
Insure that a shaft protector is used in conjunction
with gear puller.
(8) If bearings are worn or damaged, remove
bearings from armature shaft using a suitable gear
puller. (fig. 3-35.)
Figure 3-37. Shim removal.
Figure 3-35. Bearing removal.
(9) If necessary, remove key and snap ring
securing fan to armature shaft.