compliment could result in damage to the remaining
(2) Connect the leads of an ohmmeter to the
g. Ensure that battery is charged to above 1.260
truck framework at two separate points where bare metal
is exposed. The ohmmeter should read zero ohm s.
specific gravity prior to any testing. Specific gravity
Caution: Use the battery receptacle
readings at 800F are as follows:
1.110 - 1.135 completely discharged
permanently mounted on the truck,
1.170 - 1.200 one-fourth charged
not the connector on the battery
1.205 - 1.230 one-half charged
cables from the battery.
1.235 - 1.260 three-fourths charged
(3) Leave the negative ohmmeter lead
1.265 - 1.290 fully charged
connected to the truck framework. Touch the positive
h. Check operation of replaced parts to ensure
lead to each terminal on the battery receptacle. The
trouble has been found.
ohmmeter must read 50, 000 ohms or more in each
i. Use the following test equipment or equivalent in
addition to normal hand tools:
(4) Open the contactor unit. Touch the positive
(1) Volt-ohmmeter with 20, 000 ohms-per-volt
lead to either terminal of 400 ampere fuse Fl. (fig. 3-2.)
The ohmmeter must read 50, 000 ohms or more.
(2) Peak-reading meter and shunt (50 mv, 500
(5) Place the directional control switch in
forward. Touch the positive lead to contactor unit
3-4. Ground Test
terminal 15. The ohmmeter must read 50, 000 ohms or
a. General. This test is made to assure that a short
circuit does not exist between any part of the electrical
(6) Restore the directional control switch and
system and the truck framework.
disconnect the ohmmeter. Close contactor unit and
(1) Disconnect battery and discharge capacitors