spanning tool. Lock tools in position.
2-16. Carriage and Backrest Assembly
(2) Using the outside spanning tool, span the
carriage bearings at their maximum camber points. Add
(1) Remove the forks (TM 10-3930-620-12).
shims as necessary to produce a maximum clearance of
(2) Remove the carriage lifting chains.
(3) Attach a hoist to the carriage and lift up
(3) Place a straightedge against the stud
out of the mast assembly.
centerline to all three bearings on both sides of the
carriage. No gap should appear between the bearings
(1) Using an inside spanning tool, locate the
and the straightedge.
narrowest point in the web of the inner mast assembly.
Set an outside spanning tool to match the inside