2-70. Lines and Fittings
Inspect hydraulic lines for leaks or other damage.
Inspect fittings to make sure they are tight. Replace
2-71. Hydraulic Fluid Filter
Filter element replacement. The filter element is a
paper type and cannot be washed. If dirty, it must be
a. Removal. Refer to figure 2-50 and proceed as
(1) Remove the seat and seat support.
(2) Separate the shell assembly from the head
(3) Remove the element, from the shell assembly.
b. Cleaning and Inspection. Clean the head assembly
and shell assembly and inspect for defects.
(1) Install a new element in the shell assembly.
(2) Position a new gasket on the shell assembly
and install on the head assembly. Tighten the attaching
(3) Operate the system and check the filter
Figure 2.50. Micrin-type hydraulic fluid filter. installed view.
carefully for leaks.