d. When the correct tilt angle is obtained, tighten
e. Correct forward tilt is automatically obtained
the screw on the yoke.
when the backward tilt is correct.
Figure 2-45. Checking mast tilt.
2-67. Lift Chains
a. Removal. The chains are attached at one end to
anchors on the lift cylinder and at the other end to
anchors on the carriage assembly; Refer to figure 2-47
and remove the chain as follows-:
(1) Lower the mast to its lower limits.
(2) Attach a hoist to the carriage to relieve the
tension on the chains.
(3) Remove the cotter pins and chain links from
the anchors on the carriage assembly.
(4) Remove the cotter pins and chain links from
the anchors on the lift cylinder.
(5) The chains are then free for removal.
Figure 2-46. Tilt cylinder adjustment.