6. Ring, lock
7. Ring, wedge
Figure 2-39. Drive wheel. rim. tire and tube. exploded view.
(1) Remove the appropriate wheel.
2-57. Steering Wheels
(2) Deflate the tube completely.
(3) Remove the outer rim (drive wheel) from the
(1) Raise the rear of the truck until the wheels
inner rim and remove the tire, tube and Hap.
clear the floor. Block front wheels securely to prevent
(4) To remove the steer wheel tire, tube, and
the truck from rolling.
flap, remove the nuts and lockwashers and separate
(2) Remove the nuts and lockwashers attaching
the inner and outer rims.
the rims to the studs in the hub assembly (fig. 2-40).
(5) Replace or repair the defective tire, tube, or
(3) Pull the tire and rim assembly from the
flap and reassemble in reverse order of removal.
(6) Install tire and rim assembly.
b. Installation. Reverse procedures in a above.
(7) Inflate to proper pressure (100 psi).
c. Tire and Tube Repair. If a tire is excessively
worn or badly damaged, replace it as follows :