I. Pin. yoke
2. Pin, roll
5. Washer, Hat
10. Washer, lock
13. Washer, flat
14. Washer, luck
16. Pin, roll
17. Pin, cotter
Figure 2-14.Accelerator pedal and linkage. exploded view.
(5) From inside the driver compartment, remove
the screws, washers, and nuts which secure the tank
a. Removal. Refer to figure 2-15 and remove the
to the support brackets.
fuel tank as follows :
(6) Lower the tank, being careful not to damage
the shutoff valve.
(1) Close the fuel shutoff valve at the fuel filter
b. Installation. Reverse procedures in a above.
(fig. 2-12) and disconnect the fuel line from the valve
(1) Remove the filler assembly from the top of
(2) Attach a length of hose to the shutoff valve
the tank and clean the strainer.
fitting and drain the tank through the hose. Total
(2) Remove the shutoff valve and elbow from
tank capacity is 14.5 gallons. Choose container accord-
the tank. Remove the drain plug and allow any sedi-
ment or water to drain out.
(3) Remove the screws and lockwashers, from the
(3) Clean the outside of the tank with PD-680.
outeredge of the mounting plate and lift the cowl away
(4) Clean the inside of the tank with PD-680 and
from the mounting plate.
(5) Allow the tank to dry thoroughly before re-
(4) Disconnect wire from the sending unit ter-
filling it with fuel.
minal at the top of the tank.