Figure 3-19. Hoist and tilt hydraulic system.
(3) Remove plugs from ports and caps
(2) Unscrew and discard air cleaner and
from hoses and connect hydraulic hoses to cylin-
gasket (fig. 3-21) from hydraulic tank.
b. Installation. Reverse procedures in a above.
(4) Check hydraulic fluid level in reservoir.
(5) After installation, operate tilt control
3-61. Filter Cartridges
lever several times to purge air from cylinders.
Two filters are used in the hydraulic system; one
Check cylinders and hose fittings for leakage
in suction line adjacent to pump, the other in
return line from control valve, at left rear of hy-
(6) Retract both tilt pistons fully. With
mast tilted 10o to rear of vertical and pistons
a. Return Filter Cartridge Replacement.
retracted fully, repeat step b above. Secure front
(1) Turn cartridge (fig. 3-22) from filter
end of tilt cylinders to upright brackets with
cover by hand.
shafts and attaching screws.
(2) Install new cartridge by reversing pro-
cedure in ( 1) above.
3-60. Air Cleaner
b. Suction Filter Element Replacement.
(1) Unscrew filter housing (fig. 3-22)
(1) Remove truck floor plate (para 3-18).
from head and discard housing seal.