Figure 3-8. Bleeding Brakes.
3-32. Brake Pedal
(1) Reverse procedures in a above.
(1) Remove floor plate (para 3-18) from
(2) Fill cylinder with brake fluid (LO 10-
(2) Remove cotterpin and clevis pin (fig.
3-7) from pushrod. Disconnect spring from
(3) Bleed brake hydraulic system (para 3-
(3) Remove screw, nut, and lockwasher at-
taching brake pedal and remove pedal from
(4) Loosen jamnut on pushrod, and adjust
truck. Lift free of truck.
length of pushrod by turning adjustment to give
b. Installation and Adjustment. Reverse pro-
1/4 inch to 5/8 inch free travel of pedal before
cedures in a above and check for proper pedal
brake application begins. Tighten jamnut to
adjustment (para 3-31b(4)).