3-66. Four Wheel Steering Lock Cylinder
(2) Inspect tube for cracks or damage.
(3) Inspect piston for scratches and nicks.
a. General. The four wheel steering lock cylinder
(4) Inspect end plug for damage.
is connected to the drag link lever and the left rear
(5) Replace a defective part.
wheel and is used when the steering is placed in the
(6) Remove scratches, burrs and nicks with
four wheel position.
b. Removal. Refer to figure 3-134 and remove
f. Reassembly. Refer to figure 3-135 and
four wheel lock steering cylinder.
reassemble four wheel steering lock cylinder.
c. Disassembly. Refer to figure 3-135 and
g . Test. R e f e r t o p a r a g r a p h 3 - 6 4 g a n d t e s t t h e
d i s a s s e m b l e four. wheel lock steering cylinder.
d. Repacking Cylinder. Refer to paragraph 3-64c
h . Installation. Refer to figure 3-134 and install
for repacking procedures.
four wheel steering lock cylinder.
(1) Inspect rod assembly for damage.
Figure 3-134. Four wheel steering lock cylinder, removal and installation.