3-63. Drag Link
a. General. The drag link is a tubular pipe
t h r e a d e d on each end. Rod ends are threaded into
each end of the tube. One end of the drag link hooks
to the front steering arm and the other end connects
to the lever assembly. The lever assembly is
mounted to the frame assembly. The hydraulic
steering lock cylinder is connected to the lever
b. Removal. Refer to figure 3-128 and remove
the drag link assembly.
c. Disassembly. Refer to figure 3-129 and
disassemble drag link assembly.
(1) Inspect rod ends (8 and 6) for wear.
(2) Inspect pivot pins (2 and 14) for wear and
(3) Inspect tube (9) for cracks or damage.
(4) Inspect lever (14) for cracks.
(5) Inspect all hardware. Replace a defective
e. Reassembly. Refer to figure 3-129 and
reassemble drag link assembly.
f . Installation. Refer to figure 3-128 and install
Figure 3-128. Drag link assembly, removal and installation.
drag link assembly.
g . Adjustment. Adjust drag link assembly so that
e a c h steering cylinder must make a full stroke (6