Figure 3-87. Checking crankshaft end play.
(3) Remove oil screen and inlet pipe (para 3-
a. General. The crankshaft is secured to the
e n g i n e block by means of main bearings. The
(4) Remove flywheel housing (para 3-22).
(5) Remove front cover and oil pump (para 3-
crankshaft has four journals on which connecting
rods are mounted with enough clearance so that
they will move freely over surface of crankshaft.
(6) Remove rocker arm cover (TM 10-3930-
242-12), then remove fuel oil pipes from injectors
and fuel connectors. Install dust caps on injectors
(1) Remove engine (para 2-9).
and fuel injectors.
(2) Remove oil-pan (para 3-24).