(1) Install tee fitting between outlet hose of
(15) Place plungers in brass-jawed vise and
the pump (8, fig. 94) and the control
unscrew special screws (20) from
valve and install hydraulic pressure gage
Remove spring seats (19),
in the tee fitting.
plunger springs (18), spring seats (17),
(2) Remove capnut and loosen locknut on the
seal plates (16), and wipers with backup
rings (15) from plunger.
(3) Use a screwdriver and tighten adjusting
(16) Remove packing rings (10) from valve
screw until it can no longer be turned.
(4) Operate engine at 600 rpm.
(17) Carefully unscrew check valve plugs (24
(5) Tilt mast back against stop.
and 28) from valve body because spring
(6) The pressure gage should read 100 to 150
and check valve in body is under tension.
psi above the required setting of 1,800
(18) Remove check valve springs (26 and 30)
and check valve poppets (27 and 81).
(7) If pressure is too high, remove shims from
Mark poppets for reassembly.
relief valve spring plug (18, fig. 96).
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(8) If pressure is too low, add shims to relief
(1) Clean all parts with SD.
(2) Inspect plunger bores in valve body for
(9) After removing or adding shims as
nicks and scratches.
needed, loosen valve adjusting screw a
(3) Inspect plungers for nicks and burs.
few turns to obtain 1,800 psi setting on
(4) Replace any defective or damaged part.
Caution: Do not hold control
(1) Lubricate all parts before assembly with
value in tilt position longer than
(2) Make sure plungers are placed in their
necessary to obtain pressure reading
respective bores and the same amount of
(10) Tighten locknut and install capnut on the
shimn are in the relief valve plugs.
adjusting screw, being careful not to
(8) Using fine lapping compound, lapp the
change the adjustment.
check valve poppets (27 and 31) and
(11) Recheck pressure and remove gage.
seats. Be sure to remove all traces of
compound from poppets and seats.
(1) Plunger operation. Move control lever to
(4) Be sure each poppet is assembled on its
operate each plunger-to its power
position. Lever and plunger should return,
(5) Using new preformed packing, assemble
unassisted, to its neutral position.
valve by reversing procedures in b above.
(2) Extern league.
Move control lever
Installation. Reverse procedures in a above.
through all positions; then check valve
ports, fittings, and plungers for any
Knob, lever rod
Links, connecting, valve
Bracket, elector lever
Spring, selector lever
Pin, selector lever
Link:, connecting, valve levers-to-valve
Pins, straight, headed
Pins, straight, headed
Figure 95. Hydraulic control valve linkage, exploded view.