Figure 41. Front end housing assembly, removed from transmission.
(5) Remove capscrews and lockwashers that
converter and remove the remaining five
secure torque converter housing to adapter
locknuts, spacers, and mounting bolts. Remove
the torque converter from the adapter plate.
(6) Using suitable hoist, remove torque converter
(9) Remove locknuts and flat washers that secure
housing (1, fig. 68).
converter mounting plate and hub (fig. 70) to
(7) Remove capscrews that secure engine mount to
crankshaft and remove plate and hub.
housing and remove mount.
(8) Turn converter until mounting bolt aligns with
starter opening (fig. 69). Remove locknut,
spacer, and mounting bolt.