Figure 34. Planetary carriage assembly, removed from transmission.
(5) Check the bearings for wear or roughness.
(20) Remove inner and outer packing (9 and 10)
from housing (8).
(21) Remove clutch piston (25) from front housing
assembly (22) by turning housing over and
Caution: Make sure that work area is clean.
gently tapping the edges so the piston will fall
Lubricate all parts with OE-10 oil and assemble as
c. Inspection. Inspect the clutch assembly as
(1) Place high-and-low clutch hub on suitable
follows and replace damaged parts with new items:
stand to permit ease of reassembly of clutch
(1) Check the high and low geras for nicks, burs, or
(2) Install new packing (9 and 10, fig. 56) in rear
(2) Check the thrust washer for scoring or
end housing (8).
excessive tang wear.
(3) Install piston (11) in rear end housing.
(3) Check the separator plates and friction disks for
(4) Install rear end housing on clutch hub (fig. 57),
warpage or cracks.
insuring alinement of actuating oil ports.
(4) Check the clutch rings for wear caused by
separator plate lugs.